Sunday, March 06, 2011

11 --- Where's Jason?

After the meeting, I strolled around the campus wanting to go over to the park and see if anything was unusual there. The criminal returning to the scene of the crime, I thought as I kept walking away from the park whenever I got close to it. Then when I was further from it, I would turn and walk dastardly toward it. When I started to turn away again, a boy student came up to me.

“Excuse me, Miss Lamb.” It was Mikie. Actually Michelle, the girl that dressed like a boy and had sex with Jason.

We both spoke the same words at the same time, “Have you seen Jason?”

The incident made us giggle, easing the tension a bit.

I spoke, “I guess neither of us has seen him today.”

“Wasn’t he at your class this morning?”

“No. And he never misses that class.”

Michelle sighed sadly. “I went by his dorm early, but his roomy said he never came in last night.”

“He must be really upset over something.” I said as I thought of the last time I saw him running into the darkness after Professor Kinkle had told him that he would be expelled. But I hesitated, not wanting to say anything about that to Michelle.

“I saw the ambulance take someone from this park. ”Michelle said grimacing. “But they said it wasn’t a student. An older person, but wouldn’t say who.” 

“When was the last time you saw Jason?” I asked her softly to make conversation.

“Oh. Well. Yesterday. Right before dark.” She blushed.

“It’s all right, Michelle. I’m a sex ed teacher. You can talk to me. You guys had sex at the lovers’ cove, didn’t you?”

She stared at me stiffly. “How did you know?”

I realized I shouldn’t have said that. I didn’t want to incriminate myself, so I lied to her, saying, “He just said earlier that he was thinking about going there with you.”

“Oh. Well. We did. It’s kind of embarrassing. I mean, he thought I was a boy. Do you think, maybe, if he was gay, that sex with a girl upset him or something?”

No comments:

Followers

Blog Owner

My photo
Ohio, United States