Friday, October 06, 2006

Quagmire


I thought I would go over to the Ataraxia Foundation where I could find order in chaos, love in an emotional void, significance in trivia, purpose in the futile and a goal in this aimless venture. Josephine S. Blick seemed to indicate that there might be a position open for me there.

But as I advanced toward the place, I began to feel myself caught in a quagmire. I don't know if it was my nervousness or lack of understanding of what the place really was and what they were doing there. I began to sink. Maybe it was quicksand I was in. Maybe it was my self-doubts or a social dysfunction.

I struggled to reach toward the empyrean sight just ahead, but soon was overtaken by darkness as my head submerged into abashment. I could faintly hear someone yell: "DZWOW!!!"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the furtherance of definition, Josephine S. Blick is designated by the Ataraxia Foundation as Patient Zero. The two are not indentical. One is a person, the other is an idealized organization.

In addition, for the sake of clarity, the Ataraxia Foundation takes no responsibility for any sinking that might occur due to one's ambivalence at one's own limited reference upon entry into Ataraxia.

This is a public service announcement by the Ataraxia Foundation, working hard to render ideals. Had this been a real announcement, it would have been followed by an endorsement of its sponsor.

Anonymous said...

I offered you a great position in the adult entertainment industry, but you wouldn't take direction!

Anonymous said...

RUN!!!
Run very fast!

Eli Blake said...

There are worse kinds of quagmires. Like the 'job' I heard advertised on TV just a little while ago.

It's one job you don't want to apply for-- they need people to "volunteer" for a quagmire. You sign up for three years, with the option (on their part) to call you back anytime after that they want to. You get free body armor that isn't very effective, you get to work in an organization under the leadership of the President and Secretary of Defense (a.k.a. "Rummy"), a free 'vacation' in an exotic locale someplace not that far from 'Persia' (for that matter, you may even get to go TO Persia if they decide that at a later time) and you get to test your wits in a game of 'pick out the suicide bomber' among a large crowd of people.

G said...

I don't think that you're dressed for the kind of job that eli is talking about.

Tom & Icy said...

Wearing fatigues makes me tired.

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Owner

My photo
Ohio, United States