Friday, July 06, 2007

Screenplay - SCENE 10


Axe Man, Henry and Lammy


10 - IN. UGLY GRACE'S BAR AND GRILL - DIMLY LIT

FADE IN:

Henry, Lammy, Kudzu and Murry enter and look
around.

LAMMY
Well? Where is my sister? I don't see
Lula. Do you see Lula?

HASHISH HENRY
She was here. I swear, Lammy! She
was in here when I left! Right over
there.

He points at Lyanne.

LYANNE SAKKS
Why, hello there, Goonies and
Goonesses.

HASHISH HENRY
Where did the red head go?

LYANNE SAKKS
Red head? What red head? I don't
see any red heads.
(to Phelps)
Do you see any Red Heads?

HASHISH HENRY
The one that was sitting on that very
stool where your ass is.

LYANNE SAKKS
Oh, Henry, you must be colored
blind. I've been here with you all
morning.
(turns to bartender)
Have you seen a red head in here?

DEWEY BANJER
No, ma'am. Not seen nary a red head
here 'bouts today.

LAMMY
Well, Henry? Where is my sister?
That bitch sure ain't Lula!

HASHISH HENRY
But she was here. They are lying!
Lyanne is lying. Dewey is a shit
faced liar!

LAMMY
It looks like it's you that is lying.
What kind of prank are you pulling on
me? Just a trick to get me to come
back with you?
(starts crying)
Why would you hurt me like this?

HASHISH HENRY
No, Lammy. She was here. Lula was
here!

PHELPS
(whispers to Lyanne)
What You See is not always What
You Get.

LAMMY
I hate you for this, Henry!

Lammy begins to beat Henry's chest with her fists
and he grabs her wrists to stop her and hold her.

HASHISH HENRY
Please, Lammy. Listen to me. Look
at me! I'm not lying to you!

LAMMY
You're drunk and stoned!

HASHISH HENRY
No I'm not.

FLOWERING KUDZU
Now he's lying for sure!

LAMMY
(crying bitterly)
Let me go! I hate you! Let me go!

There is a blast of MUSIC and a spot light shines on a
curtain over a entrance to the stage. Axe man of the
Death Cheese Band enters boldly, then grabs his
huge ax from the stage and holds it up as if ready to
strike down on Henry.

AXE MAN
What the hell?

HASHISH HENRY
(meekly)
Easy big guy. I have no quarrel with
you.

AXE MAN
(nods toward door)
Get!

Henry walks backward to the door, then stops and
looks back at Lammy.

HASHISH HENRY
(pleading voice)
Lammy...

AXE MAN
(swings ax in air)
Get!

Henry turns and rushes out of the door.

FLOWERING KUDZU
Axe man to the rescue! How about
that Lammy? Saved by a rock star.

LYANNE SAKKS
(sticks finger in mouth)
I think I need to throw up.

AXE MAN
Lammy! Good ass.

MURRY MAGDALENE
Hey, big guy. Sweet tight pants
there. Looking good.

Axe man cocks ax at Murry.

FLOWERING KUDZU
Better step back, girlfriend.

Lammy sits at the bar and cries bitterly.

LYANNE SAKKS
Yuk! The sour smell of wet wool!
Now I know I have to throw up!

Lyanne runs to the rest room.

LAMMY
(sobbing)
What am I going to do now?

DEWEY BANJER
Here.

Dewey pours Lammy a glass of cheap wine. She
downs the whole glass in one fast gulp. Then she
holds out glass for more. Everyone remains silent as
they all stare at Lammy.

FADE OUT


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a great show! We need to run a production of it at the Netherworld New Vaudeville Theatre!

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Owner

My photo
Ohio, United States