I headed on down the yellow dust lane to try and find Neverland which is supposed to be near the Stuffed Animal Planet where the Blochalela Foundation is supposed to be. Along the way I stopped at a place that was called the Curmudgeon's Club and it had a sign that said "fvyge" which I didn't know if it was a bad word or not. But those Curmudgeons were really rude, ill-mannered, bad-tempered and so cantankerous! They really scared me to death.But, you know what? I was really surprised. They turned out to be the nicest people I have ever met in spite of their yelling, griping, quarrelling and fussing so much. They gave me a really nice meal to eat in spite of the fact they kept complaining about it. And they gave me some really nice clothes to wear. One bitched at me and said I'd better take care of them because it was the dress his mother was buried in. Those Curmudgeons have a strange sense of humor if you want to call it that. And they even let me take a bath and shower in private, even though they grumbled about my using too much hot water and soap. They were so nice about helping me in spite of acting so surly. Made me think.
I mean, as I was alone soaking in the hot tub I thought about love and friendship. I have known people who seemed to do everything I wanted and pretended to be so nice and courteous to me, but it so often turned out that they had ulterior motives or ended up stabbing me in the back. But then there's that boyfriend or husband or friend that gripes and groans and fusses whenever you ask them to do something for you. But then they do it. Why? Because they love you. What I mean is that they did something they didn't want to do which really shows how much they care. That's how these Curmudgeons were. They did things they didn't want to do for me because deep inside they were really nice people. Not like the people who act nice just on the surface.
After getting to know the Curmudgeons and understanding them better, I was able to laugh when I left and they yelled at me about being glad to see me go and please don't come back. Those Curmudgeons! What a funny sense of humor they have!
17 comments:
This is what I've found too, which is why I don't have them exorcised!
Hey, if you visited Curmudgeon, he could probably give you a new pair of shoes, like the ones he wore to the photo on Sar's site.
And grumpy? My ten year olds just had a 'retro' experience the other day and watched again the first movie they ever watched-- 'the adventures of Elmo in Grouchland' Think Oscar. Who knew he was really nice!
Don't ask why I was even paying attention. Since I'm 43, Sesame Street isn't just 'retro,' it's 'paleo.'
Hey-- that's it! Jurassic Park. Cull some DNA from your body and have the scientists grow you a new head.
Or, if you want to follow the scientific route, see if you can find the missing android head.
That's right, a scientist working on robotics managed to leave his head on an airplane. Talk about absent minded.
I thought they do things because they want to stop being asked, and also because they are afraid that they often will hear of it in the future if they don't do.
not the curmudgeons, though, they will probably never see you again, so it's not like they felt forced to do things for you. they are indeed very generous people.
You have to learn to separate the sheep from the goats in life, Lammy.
Don't kid me Weirsdo. Hmmm.
I think that Cheesy has a very deep understanding of curmudgeons, perhaps because she works around some or is has been taking psychology along with the physiology. It appears that both Weirsdo and Cheesemeister hide their supreme wisdom and smarts beneath a cloak of strangeness of sorts. Sort of a defense mechanism to protect their own sensitivity and simpatico. I've noticed some strange correlation where the more intelligent and wise a person is, the more humble, understanding, and kind hearted they are. In my experience, the smartest person I ever met was also the most common acting. Of course there are those over achievers like Hitler and the CEO crooks who hide their true ignorance behind cruelty and thievery.
It is so true what Ariel said about doing what other ask just to get rid of them, but it doesn't work because once they find a "mark" they keep coming back for more and soon look down on them like they owe them something. That's how pressure salesmen work. There is a principle of reverse psychology here involving rationalization where we constantly judge ourselves and think that the person who we do things for must be a nice or good person because we wouldn't help bad or evil people. So the more they can get us to do for them, the higher we hold them in esteem. And maybe the Curmudgeons realize this and that is why they are so belligerent when they give in and help others because they are afraid of being taken advantage of.
But all seriousness aside, Deep Thought, I think that DNA thing is tricky. As a matter of fact, I heard that the Sandwich Head Guy was getting a new head by cloning when the lab tech dripped DNA from his lunch while working and that is why his head turned out to look like a sandwich. You have to be careful about plastic surgeons who take their skills to higher untested experimental levels. And if you want to talk 'palio', just wait another twenty years and you'll really feel ancient when you think back on your life. We really love your humorous side, so brilliant and delightful! You must be like a Gemini in that you can display seriousness or humor in separate presentations. Thanks for sharing this side of you here.
You are also very nice and witty and smart Ariel! Love you comments in all those blogs you visit! I am so impressed and humbled by all the really smart people who visit here. I'm just afraid after writing all this they consider me lambkin or naive. Baaaaa!
I don't know about Weirdso, but I really AM weird! It's just nice to find people that actually seem to enjoy it! And who realize that I'm Mostly Harmless!
I don't like fake-nice people.
They are shallow and usually self-centered.
I don't like grumpy people either, though, even if they love me. I love them back, but I don't like their grumpiness!!
yeah, Lammy, the "ok, I help but DO NOT think you can make a habit of it" thing. what's wrong with that, though? I'm grateful for any help.
Ariel, I was thinking of people who constantly borrow stuff like a cup of sugar, eggs, some milk, some coffee constantly when there's a store just down the street. If I had plenty of money it wouldn't be so bad. And neighbors borrow things like our can opener, drain plunger, and never bring them back so we have to go buy a new one. It just get's old having the same people borrowing all the time. Doing favors to help someone is different. I like to help when I can.
word verie: what kind of animal is a "eqyfipus"? Something related to Soggy or Sam the Purple Jam?
I think I'm perfectly normal, but other people don't agree for some reason.
Some are wolves in sheep's clothing, but Hitler was a wolf in wolf's clothing.
It is sort of funny because most people don't realize that the Weirsdo kids make up the names and characters and plots for Pansi Files as a home schooling project and readers think Weirsdo is doing it.
I resent der comparing uff der wolves mit der Hitler. Der Hitler ist that scum vhich grows in der rim uff der toilet!
Haff you seen vhat Der Devil does mit der Hitler in der documentary movie, Little Nicky? It ist great!
Well, I can't blame the stuff on my blogs on my son. That all comes straight from my own warped mind! I was a lonely kid who was kind of precocious and I loved making up stories. Now it helps me channel the thoughts that come into my little bipolar head, so I'll keep on doing it, maybe forever if they have computers and blogs in the afterlife!
It's not really a project. It just sort of happened, and I joked that Pansi was a mode of "character education," since that is a buzz word in Minnie Strator circles down here nowadays. I do help with the plots, and I do most of the clothing of ideas in words.
Hitler came down like a wolf on the fold.
Vell, I do know a little about wolfs und flocks mineself...There vas this time near Nuremburg, und this flock uff tasty mutton. Mine self und mine American friend Tony Rivers had quite ein feast...but ve von't discuss that in front uff das Lammy!
Post a Comment