Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I Visited The Wizard of Oz

I took Ariel's advice and went to Oz to find the Wonderful Wizard. Oh, yes. Maybe he could find a way to reverse the curse that Enditall cast on me and making my head a Lamb's head. Everything seemed so grandiose there. So fantastic. So much larger than life! But like Dorothy, I found that the Wizard was just a common man behind the curtain with all kinds of dials and knobs and switches which created all the illusions I was experiencing there. I guess that's how life is sometimes. Simple, common people creating illusions that cloud our thinking and judgements. That's how they get power and riches by making us believe they are larger than life.

And then the common little old man tried to talk a lot of crap and bull to me. He said the answer was inside and all I had to do was look inside to find out all the mysteries of the universe. That sounds like a very good idea on the surface, but I really don't believe people really learn about the outside world by sticking their head up their own ass. They just create their own illusions about life instead of falling for the games that others try to make us play along with. But out of respect, I listened to him.

"You will find the answer to all your problems and the world's problems right there in your own backyard." He said. "Just click your heals together and say 'There's no place like home' three times." So that is what I did. I clicked my heals together and spoke the words. Then something strange happened. (Continued tomorrow)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is just like one of those old movie serials that I--I mean my grandmother--used to watch back in the 1920's. It was called "The Perils of Pauline." I guess this is "The Perils of Lammy!"

Eli Blake said...

Yeah, but I looked at the picture. I couldn't see whether your heels were the same ruby red ones that Dorothy had in the movie.

And I don't see Sar anywhere in that picture.

Eli Blake said...

Or, maybe you are going about it all wrong. Find the Fairy Godmother-- if she can turn a pumpkin into a coach (complete with referee's whistle, stopwatch and baseball cap with jogging suit on), then I'm sure that restoring your head to its natural form would be no problem at all. Just make sure the offer is still valid after midnight.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

yep.
i see it all now.
this is very much a case for harry.
nope, not potter but my uncle harry. you see he had a bright red shinny jewel of a nose and when he died i heard they made his nose into a pair of high heel clickety clack shoes!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Cocaine Jesus:
This sounds kind of like those diamond rings that they can make out of people's ashes these days. Is there anything that technology can't do? Other than remove Lammy's curse, that is!

Tom & Icy said...

Good idea Deep Thought! We'll look for that soccer mom fairy and see what she can do with that whistle.
And thanks Cocaine Jesus, we were wondering where SAR got those shoes.
Oh, Lyanne, life sure is a scandalous Soap Opera, but that's what gives you a job!

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Owner

My photo
Ohio, United States