I came to a beautiful meadow and had a sudden urge to graze, and that scared me because I had been cursed by Enditall the witch and she had turned my head into a lamb head. As I stood talking to a chicken, I heard a voice calling me and saying, "Come, let me unlock the secrets of the universe for you."It was Carl Sagan. Or maybe it was the ghost or Cosmic Residuum from the vacuum of space, since he has died. But I sort of liked the way he would say, "There are baaaaaaah-illions and baaaaaah-illions and baaaaaah-illions of stars out there."
He was holding a ladder for me to climb up into a "white hole." I had never heard of a white hole and the idea fascinated me. He said, "Follow the light, follow the light. Always go toward the light."
I thought about it and considered that I would rather be a moth than a wool suit just like I'd rather be a hammer than a nail. So I went over and climbed up his ladder into the white hole.
4 comments:
Boy will you be sorry you did that! That's just the back way into the Curmudgeon's Club. I simply can't abide their grouchy ways!
But Carl Sagan is such a nice sweet guy, I can't imagine him taking me to the Curmudgeon's Club. He's like Rod Serling on Prozac.
My ole uncle Izzy-Bob once tole me to go fer the Lite. Turned out he wuz talkin' 'bout a beer!
Our abattoir is very well lit. But we must keep it well stocked, too, or our customers may go on a RAMpage. . .
Post a Comment