Saturday, July 15, 2006

Heard A Tap Tap Tapping

I had tumbled and turned and just could not go to sleep. Then I kept hearing tapping sounds. First I thought it was coming from the bathroom, and then it sounded like it was coming from the living room. That Blochalela Foundation of the Pansi Files is really nice to give me a suite with a kitchenette, living room, bedroom and bathroom. Almost like home. But I still felt uncomfortable there for some reason. Tapping noises from the bathroom. Tapping noises from the living room. What was going on?

I then just got out of bed and went back to the living room to read a book. Yes! I do read a book now and then! And so I wanted to read the story about a guy called Hamlet. I'm not saying any more about him. I think Hamlet was Shakespeare's son who died when he was eleven in 1596. Then he wrote the story and named the main character after his son in about 1600. But the story he wrote didn't have anything to do with his son because his son was only eleven and the story was about a prince who was older. Well, Mel Gibson played as Hamlet and he was no young fellow at the time. Oh, I'd better shut up before they get all over my ass again.

Any way, as I was reading, there came a tapping, a rapping at... oh, it was on the window pane. Yeah! I read Edgar Allen Poe, too! I'm just surprised that he hasn't been over to the Cheesemeister's house yet. All those creepy dead guys seem to want to hang around her at her place for some odd reason. There must be something about her that attracts strange people like a flickering flame draws moths. That was a simile or sort of like a metaphor. I think I'll try to use one next time I write an article on Asinine News Editorials and Features. I have to make it cool or they will fire me. They didn't like the last one I wrote.

I'm so tired! I've got to finish up this post! The person tapping at the window was Deep Thought. He had given me a map to get here at the Blochalela Foundation, but he said there was something on the back and I had to have some kind of ultra glasses to see it. I didn't have any, so he brought me some kind of contacts so I could read the message on the back of the map he had given me. Whew. This is getting too long. So I'll stop for now by just saying that when I put the contacts in my eyes, I saw some strange ball or orb on the table with sharp things sticking out of it. That's enough until next time!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've met Hamlet. Like our Curmudgeons' Club president Ambrose Bierce, he has a skull for a right hand man. I think the reason they like to have these Skull Dudes hang around is because they never disagree with anything they say.

Anonymous said...

Lammy mutton't go near bally!!!!!

Eli Blake said...

There's they key!

though perhaps you'd do well to check for ravens in the area anyway, quoth nevermore.

Oh, and Hamlet-- isn't that like, an omelet with ham in it?

Danish ham.

With something rotten in it.

Anonymous said...

Lammy is doing a rewrite: LAMBLET

Anonymous said...

I thought I might like some Swedish ham. But that skinny Swedish spook at the Netherworld Hotel doesn't have an ounce on him. Although he certainly does have a rotten attitude. Them curmudgeon fellers is just plain grouchy! They oughta remember that nothin' says lovin' like someone in the oven!

Anonymous said...

Edgar is really more morose than surly. But we think we'll let him join the club anyway. He's always hanging around the Cheesemeister's poetry site with his raven. It might give him something to do to come carp with us.

Blog Archive

Followers

Blog Owner

My photo
Ohio, United States